Saturday 15 October 2011

My Blog Story

I was a blog stalker, Kerry at Nundle and Designers like Rosalie and Leanne B, mostly I checked out Kerry's favourites and loved reading about what the ladies who love patchwork and stitching were up to. I have been to GDITC for four years but this year was different..........


 We were all at dinner and there was a real buzz. Then someone suggested all the bloggers identify themselves. It was exciting actually seeing the writers of the blogs I had been reading. The the amazing Chooky visited our table and convinced me to sign up. Email me as as soon as you get home and I will help you get started she said... well here I am and loving it.


 Oh, she also said you will have to think up a name so on our 5 hour drive home through flooded creeks and over very wet gravel roads and some slipping and sliding through alternate routes the name Bird on the Border was born............ I live on the Qld NSW border and I do love to see all the birds in my garden in the early morning. 


The ones making the most noise at the time was a pair of beautiful Kookaburras. You could set your clock by them morning and evening ...so the picture. Goondiwindi means resting place of the birds so Bird on the Border was born.

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

sounds perfect............I'm sure given a little more time you would have started anyway........it's just we pushed you over the line.........can't wait to meet up again next year.......didn't you have this done before I got to email you..........lol.......keep up the great blog.........and it's a perfect name.........happy sewing........

Shiralee Stitches said...

Such great things have been born at Nundle under Kerry's gracious hostessing, including lots of new blogs, and especially lots of friendships....can't wait to meet up again next year.....BUT....after seeing your most recent post, I am thinking you may need to change from Bird on the Border to Transformer in Green, or Bird in Disguise!!!!!!....lol......no wait, even better....Young at Heart Green Bird!!!!!...I love your fun nature, Jenny...