Sunday 8 April 2012

A Visit to Annie Down's Shop " The Home Patch"

Well girls I am another year older as from last Wednesday so Mr. Bird very nicely decided to take me to Bathurst to shop at one of my favourite designer's stores. I was in Patchwork Heaven. I think I spent 2 hours dreaming at Annie Downs' shop,"The Home Patch."  I  was able to say hi to her and we had a chat about Nundle. That was lovely.  She is such a nice person.  I think I spent more than my birthday allocation.... Oh Well!

Loved Bathurst , the weather was perfect and the Autumn leaves were just so...ORANGE...

Hope you have all had a Happy Easter and enjoyed it the way you like to do best. 


Portland- so many very old houses compared to Queensland



Autumn is here- Portland

I had a Malvern Star bicycle

Hmm....Orange almost ....

Its nice to see sheep- there was so many around Goondiwindi once- not anymore









I was paper piecing on my travels..


Bathurst 
 There  was a group of motor enthusiasts staying at the same motel as us and they  were retracing  a journey from one hundred years ago from Sydney to Perth. After travelling in these oldies all day I bet they were glad their accommodation wasn't 100 years old...


This old girl had an Arizona number plate- just a beautiful piece of work 

Imagine riding this from Sydney to Perth


Finally Annie Downs' shop "The Home Patch"

Inside Annie's shop

The entrance

It was an old stables - its just lovely

There's Beauty in age remember that ladies....

Finally thank you to Sandy N who made this very beautiful pin cushion for me and guess what it is from some of Annie's fabrics . By the way SandyN wants us to notice the hand made Tassel.... Lovely Sandy Thank you.

9 comments:

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Can you see the green glow coming from my place? I am sooooooo jealous that you got to The Home Patch!!!!!!
I have been plotting a route to that shop for ages. One day.......

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great photos, how good is Anni's shop, so what did you buy??love the pin cushion, Sandy did a great job..

Anita said...

Looove Anni's shop!!! What a great birthday present! And yes Sandy's pincushion is lovely, including the tassle!

Dianne said...

Seems we share a birthday on the 4th as well as sharing a chat on the lawn and some sewing time recently at Nundle. I'm not a blogger but do enjoy a read and lots of pictures too. Thanks. I'm back in Brisbane now after a trip to Mildura and Broken Hill. Even came home through Coonamble and your home town. What a great treat for you to visit Bathurst and Anni's shop. Happy Birthday.

Chookyblue...... said...

glad you got to spend some time at Anni's shop for your birthday.........what a great present.......

Sandy's pincushion is lovely...........

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jenny...what a Lovely Trip I am Green Too..
Glad you had a Nice Time..
cheers

Shiralee Stitches said...

Oh you are a lucky girl......I will make it to Anni's shop one day I hope......It looks beautiful......I need to see all your purchases!!!!....lol......so glad you had a lovely trip, the scenery looks delightful.......lovely pincushion from Sandy.....enjoy the rest of your break from school....(some Anni stitching on the agenda????)

Cardygirl said...

Looks like a fabulous trip...and happy birthday too. Love your pincushion!

Anonymous said...

Great store isn't it. Looks like you had a great trip :)