Saturday 29 September 2012

Mudgee to Cowra via Bathurst



 Well I can really say I never thought the Mid West of NSW was so beautiful. We have had a lovely time and we have seen some beautiful scenery from rolling fields of canola to wineries to the Jenolan Caves.  We left Mudgee spent a night in Lithgow...not Mid west I know but close to the caves.  Then we headed for Cowra.  


How happy I was when I found "the bird " in Lue.  So cute

No sound minded quilter or stitcher could pass by Bathurst without stopping at Anni's  "HomePatch" or could they?....LOL
We took a drive to Canowindra and guess what all the shop windows were full of quilts. Of course I said to Mr Bird....something is going on here and we had better stop.  Well what a surprise, it was so beautiful what a town of interesting little stores. They were having a quilt airing...


The lady on the roof was wrapped up.....  lucky for her it was freezing almost sleeting I think.....

 I was speaking to the lady who owned the patchwork shop , poor thing she had to put the quilt up on the roof. They did a lovely job of displaying them.... I wondered if may be she was a blogger.....


























 






The Japanese Gardens in Cowra are just amazing and beautiful ...

Can you see the little bee.....














A selfie....LOL





 The Age of Fishes Museum is also worth a look its very well done . Some amazing fossils.












Finally, a very interesting sign in this very old store .   Obviously it was in the Loo.....








4 comments:

Susan said...

Isn't that quilt airing an amazing coincidence! The shop displays look great. Glad you got to visit Anni - lots of nice shopping.

Chookyblue...... said...

good timing for the quilt airing........looks like your having fun.......yes you must have a visit to Anni's........nice shopping too........must make a trip to Cowra and Canowindra one day.........

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wonderful photos....

Shiralee Stitches said...

Such lovely eye candy....great timing.......beautiful photos.....I dream of going to Annis Shop......one day, I'll get there!!!......enjoy the rest of your trip......