Monday 27 October 2014

Nundle Fun

Well I am not sure I even remember how to blog about sewing it's been so long.
On the weekend 7 of us from our quilt group went to "Cottage on the Hill" for our annual retreat. We did all the good things, checked out the little gift stores and patchwork stores on the way. 

We stayed in the new cabins especially designed for retreat ladies.... very nice we all loved it.

I made a fun, bright flannel quilt for the girls in the family.  Then I tried my hand at a fancy bird pin cushion by "Wooden Spool Designs"(Deborah Busby) called A little Birdie Told me.

The girls were getting into the sewing 

Jo - Just looking 

My fabrics all cut up and ready to go thanks to Kerry.

The talented Jo showing off her dresden

Sheena getting a lesson in the mitred corner

Peg's amazing quilt. The border really made it.



This border fabric is beautiful


This is mine.  Flannel, simple and colourful just for Evelyn to snuggle in when she visits Grandma  and Poppy in winter. The photo isn't great the colours are prettier than they look.

A little birdie told me....I really enjoyed making this.

Di's with the same fabrics as mine ...so colourful

 I had the best time thanks to Kerry and the girls. Our group was joined by Fiona it was lovely to meet her.

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

another wonderful weekend in Nundle.......the quilts all look wonderful.........

Show and Tell said...

Such a happy place that Nundle. Looks like lots of progress happening there Jen, I love the quilt you made for Evelyn, she will love snuggling under that next winter. Take Care hugs Kate xx

Susan said...

Certainly looks like an inspiring weekend........lovely projects.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I know that place ,..it's heaven..,,Tops are gorgeous glad you has a ball

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lovely post Jenny...makes me want to go to Nundle!

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

You lucky duck having another weekend in beautiful Nundle! some lovely quilts made too!