Thursday 16 November 2017

More of Ohio and Amish Country.

The story of my Amish quilt.

When I decided to go on this trip I also decided I would bring home an Amish quilt. The one I chose may not be the traditional Amish quilt but as the Netty says things have changed, colours and styles.
It has definitely been lovingly made by a group of Amish women in the county of Kent in the town of Berlin, Ohio.

In this house my quilt was born .( Alma's House)

 On this old sewing machine my quilt was pieced.

By this lovely lady, Alma Troyer.

This is my king size quilt , it was  hand quilted by Sarah Miller and the ladies who work with her to hand quilt .

Alma says this is one of her favourite quilts to piece.


Meet Netty ,each lady seems to have their own quilting motif so you know who has done the quilting.
Netty quilting a quilt for someone. The Amish ladies can make themselves money through quilts , quilting and quilt tops.


Quilting is a job shared 

Admiring Netty's work 

This quilt is so 3D 

Jenny ans Sue are studying this quilt
Di bought this quilt top 
More of Netty's quilts.

Hang your quilt tops what a good idea.



2 comments:

Janice said...

I’m thoroughly enjoying seeing where you have been and what you have seen. It must have been a wonderful trip.

Chookyblue...... said...

enjoy your new quilt...........